Saturday 20 April 2013

Photo: See Who Owns This Billion Dollar Mansion In Abuja



Just on Thursday I was driving with some friends around the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja and one the questions I was asked is "what is this building?" One of my guys got curious and wanted to know more about this architectural masterpiece on Gana Street, Maitama Abuja.
 
Now I have the answer, the owner of the 'powerful' house has opened up.
In a chat with Leadership, Alhaji Aliyu Abubakar, chairman of AA Oil Limited, said he acquired the plot of land where the structure was erected in 2005 from an indigene of Zamfara State at a cost of N1 billion. Aliyu, who trained as a building technologist before venturing into oil business, said that he financed the building from his personal savings, as he did not obtain any mortgage from any bank.
“This building belongs to me. I bought the land occupying this building around 2005 from one man from Zamfara State. I bought it for N1billion because of the location. Thereafter, a thought came to me. By the way, I am a builder. I specialize in building houses of model quality. Any house I build is usually very special. 
"The whole idea about that is just for everyone to know that it is very possible to replicate the type of things we see in overseas countries in Nigeria. So, I resolved that since I had the opportunity of acquiring this land, I would put up a structure that would be equal to none in the entire city and maybe the country.”
- Alhaji Aliyu Abubakar

No comments:

Post a Comment